7/16/2013

If You Give a Dog a Donut Theme Day

We did another fun theme day with one of Laura Numeroff's books.

In the book this dog has a lot of fun, he:
Eats donuts with apple juice,
picks apples, 
plays baseball, 
does a happy dance, 
has a water fight, 
pretends to be a pirate and goes on a treasure hunt
and makes and flies a kite. 

I made donuts the night before we did theme days because it was my first time making them and I knew it would take a lot of time. I had the kids help me with the dough and then fried them after they had gone to bed.  I used this recipe, they turned out pretty good!

The next morning/afternoon we read the book together. 

At the end of the book I hide a piece of paper with the following note and we started our own treasure hunt.

If you would like to use these clues simply right click and save them to your computer, then print them out. 

Here is where I hid the clues:
1- Back of Book
2- Hand it to kids when they are ready to start.
3- Front Door
4- Swing/Swing-Set
5- Garden
6- Bike
7- Flowers
8- Treasure Chest

 Our treasure chest was just a baby wipe container wrapped in gold paper. It was hiding in our flower bed. 

Inside the treasure box was....you guessed it-DONUTS!

After the kids finished eating their donuts and drinking their apple juice we played baseball

and flew a kite. 
 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...